These healthy fall soup recipes are the coziest. They're perfect for chilly fall nights when you want a warm, seasonal soup.
Fall produce is made for soups - from acorn squash to pumpkins this is the season for hearty vegetable soups.
We've got several different types of soups including lentil soups, winter squash soups, vegan soups, chilis, and slow cooker soups. Hopefully, you'll find a new recipe that becomes a family favorite!
This creamy acorn squash soup recipe is perfect for fall!
It combines roasted acorn squash, onions, garlic, apple, spices, and herbs for a wonderfully hearty winter squash soup.
You're going to love this Tuscan white bean soup recipe - it's veggie-heavy, hearty, and full of flavor.
It's perfect for when chilly days when you want a warming bowl of delicious soup. With lots of veggies and flavor from fresh herbs, it's a healthy dinner option.
This delicious Turkish lentil soup (called mercimek çorbası) is a velvety soup with loads of flavor.
This hearty soup is filling and healthy - perfect for a chilly day when you want a rich bowl of warm soup.
This lemon chicken rice soup recipe is perfect for when you want a cozy bowl of warm and hearty soup.
While this soup is on the thicker side, from the rice and chicken, it's brightened up with the freshness of the lemon juice, leeks, carrots, and celery.
This butternut squash soup recipe is full of flavor!
The roasted butternut squash combined with onions, apple, carrots, and plenty of spices makes for a deeply flavorful and hearty soup. This recipe is naturally vegan and gluten-free.
This slow cooker brisket chili recipe is full of wonderful spices! It's also easy to make and perfect for those days when you just want to come home to a warm bowl of food.
This delicious roasted tomato soup with basil and garlic is deeply flavorful. It's relatively simple to make and doesn't require much hands-on time.
This white bean soup recipe is easy to make and ready in less than 30 minutes. It's a fresh, healthy meal that is full of flavor.
This vegan lentil soup with potatoes and spinach is hearty, healthy, and easy to make! It takes a little time to simmer, but it makes a large pot of delicious soup.
This delicious dumpling soup recipe is made with potstickers (or gyoza), instant dashi, shredded carrots, bok choy, chili oil, sesame seeds, and green onions.
This slow cooker turkey pumpkin chili is a delicious, warming recipe for chilly fall nights.
You are going to love this how cozy this soup is! This gorgeous pumpkin chili hits all the best flavor combos.
Ribollita is a rustic, Italian soup that’s warm, rich, and comforting. It has a smooth tomato flavor and is perfect with just crusty enough bread.
This delicious ground turkey chili is the best! It's got two types of beans - cannellini and kidney, as well as onions, garlic, and lots of spices.
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1 large yellow onion, halved
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, cored and quartered
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 12 sage leaves (finely chopped or fried*)
- Optional - 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the squash in half, scoop out the seeds (save for roasted squash seeds if you’d like*) and any stringy bits, and then quarter the squash.
- Place the squash on a parchment-lined baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Then sprinkle the five spice powder and half salt across the top. Add the onion halves, garlic halves, and apples to the sheet pan.
- Roast the vegetables for 50 to 60 minutes or until the squash is caramelized and easy to poke with a fork.
- Allow the squash to cool for a few minutes, then remove the flesh from the skin. Add the squash flesh to a blender. Remove the papery skin from the onion and add it to the blender. Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of the skin and add them, the apples, and the stock to the blender.
- Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until the soup is creamy and no chunks remain.
- Optional - top the soup with a drizzle of heavy cream and sage leaves.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 179Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 1038mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
I hope you enjoy these delicious fall soup recipes!