This strawberry tahini cake is surprisingly easy to whip up and has all the flavor!
It's perfect for strawberry season and absolutely bursting with fresh strawberry goodness.
This is a great snacking cake and goes well with tea or coffee.
Why You'll Love this Tahini Cake Recipe
It's strawberry season and the berries couldn't taste any better!
I thought, why not use them in one of my favorite cakes - the tahini yogurt cake from Bon Appetit!
If you're not 100% sure these flavors will work together, let me assure you that this cake is moist, complex, and delicious.
More Delicious Dessert Recipes
If you love this tahini cake recipe, check out some of our other favorite dessert recipes!
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 cup & 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup tahini
- 2 cups whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat a 9-inch cake pan with nonstick spray (or butter and flour)
- Mix cardamom and 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- Dice 2 cups of the strawberries and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, 1 cup of sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the eggs, yogurt, oil, and lemon zest then whisk to combine.
- Fold in the dry ingredients until fully combined. Then add the 2 cups of chopped strawberries and gently fold them in.
- Add the batter to the baking pan and spread to level the top.
- Mix tahini and remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small bowl. Drizzle it across the batter and then sprinkle the top with the cardamom sugar mixture.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool in the pan. Invert and then turn right side up.
- When the cake is fully cooled, spread the whipped cream and remaining strawberries across the top.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 414Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 9g