You are going to love this delicious whipped feta dip! It makes for a delicious appetizer, served with some toasted bread and sliced veggies, or used as a spread on toast or sandwiches.
It's made with feta and Greek yogurt, making for a creamy but lighter dip. You can top this recipe with all sorts of seeds, nuts, or herbs, but I'll show you my favorite ideas.
Why You'll Love this Whipped Feta Recipe
You're going to enjoy all the ways you can use this dip! It's both a great spread or appetizer with Mediterranean flavors.
Feta is having a real moment right now with all the feta pasta recipes going around. It's a great, brined cheese that has so much tangy and salty flavor. It's a cheese that most people enjoy eating, so this would be a great recipe to take to a potluck or picnic to share with others.
Ingredients You'll Need
Feta - You'll need 8 ounces (½ pound) of feta cheese. You can buy it as a block or use crumbles - either will work since you'll be blending it.
Yogurt - You'll need 7 ounces of Greek yogurt. I used lower fat yogurt, but feel free to use whichever one you'd like.
Olive Oil - You'll use 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the dip and if you'd like, you can top the dip with another tablespoon or two of olive oil.
Spices - You'll need ½ teaspoon of sea salt and ¼ teaspoon of sumac for this recipe.
Pine Nuts - You'll use 3 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts to top the dip.
Herbs - This is optional, but you can top the dip with 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley. You could also use dill, oregano, or chives as well.
More Tasty Dip Recipes to Try
If you like Mediterranean dips and spreads, try some of our other favorites!
- Radish Tzatziki - This wonderful yogurt dip is made with walnuts and radishes.
- Greek Yogurt Dessert Dip - a tasty and lighter dessert dip that's great for dipping cookies or sliced fruit.
- Muhammara (Syrian Red Pepper Dip) - a fantastic and lightly spicy red pepper dip.
- The Creamiest Hummus Recipe - truly my favorite hummus recipe - the creamiest chickpea dip you'll ever eat!
Tips for Making this Recipe
Links on some posts are affiliate links and as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Specialty Ingredients - I've included sumac in this recipe because I love the citrusy kick. You can omit it if you can't find it or you can purchase it online from The Spice House.
Recommended Tools - I highly recommend using a food processor to make this recipe. You can use a little one or a larger, more robust food processor.
Storing Tips - This recipe will keep in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I highly recommend bringing it closer to room temperature before serving (if you are making it ahead of time and refrigerating).
If you try this recipe, let us know! Connect with us on Instagram and share your photos or leave us a rating.
Whipped Feta Dip
This tasty whipped feta dip is easy to make and is a great appetizer or spread.
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 7 ounces Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (plus more for topping)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon sumac
- 3 tablespoons of toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Crumble the feta into a food processor and then add the Greek yogurt, olive oil, sea salt, and sumac.
- Blend for 2 minutes or until the dip is fully mixed and smooth.
- If serving as a dip, spread into a bowl then top with toasted pine nuts, chopped parsley, and (if desired) a tablespoon of olive oil.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 539mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g