This slow cooker peanut butter oatmeal is a perfect overnight breakfast recipe that is warm and delicious!
It can be pulled together in less than 10 minutes – then you just set it and forget it for 8 hours. This recipe is easy, naturally vegan, and gluten-free.
The Perfect Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
This slow cooker oatmeal makes enjoying a warm breakfast a cinch! Add everything to the crockpot the night before, set it for 8 hours, and enjoy a deliciously rich and creamy breakfast bowl.
One of my requirements for a successful slow cooker recipe is that it can take at least 7 to 8 hours. Slow cooker recipes that are for 3 to 4 hours on low are not really helpful to me, outside of the weekend. If I can throw something in overnight then it really is time-saving for me.
This oatmeal is made with common ingredients that you probably already have on hand – like almond milk, steel-cut oats, apples, and peanut butter.
It’s a lot more fun if you can throw a bunch of toppings on as well – fresh fruit works great, as do chopped nuts and dried fruit.
How to Make Slow Cooker Peanut Butter Oatmeal
To make this delicious overnight crockpot oatmeal, follow these simple instructions.
- Add everything to the slow cooker. Combine the oats, almond milk, water, and peanut butter in a slow cooker. Stir till the peanut butter is combined with the oats. Add the apples, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Set it and forget it. Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Serve and enjoy! Garnish with optional toppings.
Tips for this Oatmeal Recipe
- If your oatmeal seems a bit dry in the morning, just add a little extra almond milk to it.
- You can use any type of apples in this recipe, but I recommend using Honeycrisp, Granny Smith, or Golden Delicious apples which are all very tasty when cooked.
- This recipe will keep in the fridge for up to two days. It reheats well but is a little less moist. Splash it with some extra almond milk or water and you should be fine!
- It’s important to use steel-cut oats in this recipe – not rolled oats. Rolled oats will end up as a soggy mess after this many hours in a slow cooker.
- If you are looking for a new slow cooker, I use and really recommend this All Clad Slow Cooker . This one is only 4-quart, but they make them larger as well!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 apples (I used Honeycrisp), diced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- optional toppings - peanut butter, dried fruit, mixed nuts
- Combine the oats, almond milk, water, and peanut butter in a slow cooker. Stir till the peanut butter is combined with the oats.
- Add the apples, sugar, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 7 to 8 hours, or on high for 3.5 to 4 hours.
- Serve and garnish with optional toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 394Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 9gSugar: 22gProtein: 11g