These delicious and cozy winter recipes will warm you right up! These easy recipes will be popular with your whole family.
We've rounded up several of our favorite winter dishes - including dinner ideas, side dishes, healthy winter soups, baked goods, and more.
The Winter months have surprisingly exciting produce, from the bevy of citrus options to the multiple varieties of winter squash.
These comforting meals feature winter's best produce as well as pantry staples.
We know you'll find some new winter dinner ideas to try for this time of year!
Winter Dinner Recipes
- Broccoli Pasta Recipe - this comforting meal is a hearty pasta made with parmesan, fusilli, and a bunch of broccoli.
- Butternut Squash Feta Pasta - this delicious pasta recipe is perfect for a chilly night. It's so hearty and perfect if you like winter squash.
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies -
- Ground Turkey Chili - this turkey chili is classic comfort food - full of rich flavors, spices, and so hearty.
- Red Lentil Dal - this tasty lentil recipe is easy to make and a hearty dinner.
- Thai Fish Curry - this incredibly flavorful fish is made with fresh vegetables, creamy coconut milk, red Thai curry, and white fish.
- Healthy Chicken Pot Pie - This easy chicken pot pie recipe has a creamy filling, extra veggies, and chunks of juicy chicken is a champion wholesome comfort food.
Winter Salad Recipes
- Persimmon Salad - this delicious persimmon salad with pear and kale is a real treat. This tasty salad makes a great side dish or wonderful light lunch.
- Citrus Pomegranate Salad - this is winter fruits at their best! This gorgeous salad is full of bright citrus flavors!
- Endive Salad Bites with Grilled Feta - these delicious endive salad bites have citrus, grilled feta, toasted nuts, fresh herbs, and pomegranate seeds. It's all of winter's best produce in one dish!
- Spicy Thai Grapefruit Salad - this spicy Thai grapefruit salad is bright and zesty with complementary flavors. It's a real showpiece for a dinner party!
- Cara Cara Orange Panzanella Salad - this cheerful Cara Cara orange Panzanella salad includes tomatoes, red onion, and arugula mixed with a little oil and breadcrumbs.
- Citrus Fennel Salad Recipe - this wonderful winter salad combines grapefruit, Cara Cara oranges, blood oranges, fennel, and mozzarella into a delicious and bright fruit salad.
- Green Goddess Cabbage Salad - This fun chopped cabbage salad topped with a creamy sauce can be served with tortilla chips for a light lunch or dinner!
Easy Winter Side Dishes
- Roasted Purple Potatoes - root vegetables have never been prettier - these purple potatoes not only look great but they taste fantastic!
- Roasted Carnival Squash - this sweet winter squash is topped with crumbled feta and pomegranate for an exciting winter side.
- Smashed Brussels Sprouts - the best way to make brussels sprouts! These tasty sprouts are smashed and topped with parmesan and roasted till crispy.
- Roasted Honeynut Squash with Miso Maple Butter - a nutritious and sweet winter squash that's topped with a richly flavorful miso maple butter topping.
- Roasted Red Cabbage - the easiest side dish that's healthy and beautiful.
Winter Soup Recipes
- Roasted Acorn Squash Soup - this recipe combines roasted acorn squash, onions, garlic, apple, spices, and herbs for a wonderfully hearty winter squash soup.
- Lemon Chicken Rice Soup - if you enjoy hearty soups, this is the one for you. While it's brightened up with lemon juice, this chicken and rice soup is so filling!
- Tuscan White Bean Soup - this easy soup with white beans, carrots, celery, and swiss chard is creamy and cozy.
- Ribollita Soup Recipe - this classic Italian soup is perfect for a cold winter night.
- The Best Butternut Squash Soup - the roasted butternut squash combined with onions, apple, carrots, and plenty of spices makes for a deeply flavorful and hearty soup.
- Chicken Noodle Soup - this healthy chicken noodle soup is chock full of veggies and kale, uses low sodium broth, and chicken breasts for a tasty soup.
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili - made from scratch with plenty of spiciness and decadence, this will be the best chicken chili you will ever make. The added sour cream at the end takes it over the top!
Warming Winter Breakfasts
- Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal - a comforting bowl of oatmeal topped with chopped fruit and nuts.
- Menemen (Turkish Eggs Recipe) - the most delicious eggs recipe that you'll want to make again and again.
- Chili Oil Eggs - a simple chili oil egg, rice, and furikake dish that tastes warm breakfast to a whole new level!
- Shakshouka Recipe - this awesome eggs and tomato sauce dish will be your new favorite brunch recipe. It's so easy to make and full of flavor.
- Sweet Potato Green Curry Bowl - a cozy bowl of Thai green curry with sweet potatos,rice, and coconut milk.
Winter Baked Goods
- Persimmon Bread - this wonderful recipe is delicious way to enjoy persimmons and a very easy bread to make.
- Mandarin Orange Bundt Cake - this mandarin orange bundt cake recipe is fruity and delicious. It’s a wonderful winter recipe and makes for a great dessert.
- Chocolate Baked Oats - this recipe for chocolate baked oats is a luscious and tasty breakfast or brunch.
- Peanut Butter Cookies - these vegan peanut butter cookies are gluten-free and so tasty! If you like peanut butter, you're going to love this recipe.
- Tahini Brownies Recipe - these tahini brownies are chocolatey, rich, and very very delicious!
Winter Drink Recipes
- Hot Chocolate on a Spoon - this delicious and easy DIY for hot chocolate on a spoon is a great gift or activity for a chilly afternoon!
- Golden Milk with Fresh Turmeric - this winter warmer is full of antioxidants.
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe - this homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe is a delight! It's a healthier version of the coffee shop options, with significantly less sugar.
- Pomegranate Shirley Temple Recipe - this pomegranate Shirley Temple recipe is a delightfully fun drink to make.
- Pomegranate Margarita Recipe - this pomegranate margarita recipe is a sweet, fruity cocktail that's fun to drink and not terribly complicated to make.
- 12 ounces broccoli florets
- 1 pound fusilli (or other chunky pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- Boil a large pot of salted water over high heat.
- Heat the oil in a large pot or dutch oven over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, add the onions and cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, when the water is boiling, add the broccoli to it and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Once the onion has cooked, add the garlic and let cook for 30 seconds before stirring. Then add the red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Using a slotted spoon or metal sieve, scoop the broccoli out of the water and add it to the pot with the onions. Do not drain the water. Scoop out 1 cup of the pasta water and add it to the broccoli sauce. Bring sauce to a simmer and then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook according to package directions.
- Allow the broccoli sauce to simmer while the pasta cooks, stirring occasionally.
- Heat the butter in a small frying pan and once melted add the breadcrumbs. Let them cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain it and add it to the broccoli sauce, add half the cheese and half the breadcrumbs, and stir to combine.
- Serve the pasta topped with the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 752mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 12g
What are your favorite healthy winter recipes? Let us know in the comments below.